About becoming a doctor:
- It is a complex process.
- The process is difficult, but not impossible.
- It is not only about passing USMLE Tests.
- Not all IMGs can become licensed doctors in the United States.
- Timing is very important. It is important to make decisions early; the more time you take, the less chances you have.
- You are not done until you are done
- The only way to become a doctor in the United States is to be trained as such.
The State of California has 38 Family Medicine Residency Programs. Eight of these are affiliated with UCLA:
- UCLA Medical Center Program
- Los Angeles County Harbor-UCLA Medical Center Program
- Kaiser Permanente Southern California (Los Angeles) Program
- Kaiser Permanente Southern California (Woodland Hills) Program
- Northridge Hospital Medical Center Program
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center Program
- Riverside County Regional Medical Center Program
- Ventura County Medical Center Program
Updated January 2011