2015 Match Results
UCLA IMG Graduates
Download IMG Graduates Map PdfUCLA IMG ALUMNI: CHIEF RESIDENTS
- • Gonzalez, Isabel- Riverside Regional Medical Center
- • Rodriguez, Alejandra- USC/California Hospital
- • Lozano, Selene- UCLA
- • Casillas, Miguel- UC San Diego
- • Arias, Abril-UC San Diego
- • Ower, Castro- Pomona Valley
- Payan, Nidia- Placed first in UCSF Fresno FM academic decathalon.
Dr. Abril Arias, Class of 2010, completed her OB fellowship and will be working with migrant farm workers in Salinas, CA
- 1May2014Alumni Program Donation
A hearty "thank you" to alumni Dr. Abril Arias, and Dr. Ricardo Manuel, Class of 2010, respectively
- 15Oct2011October 15-16: CAFP 2011 Family Medicine Summit
Sheraton Gateway, Los Angeles Airport
CAFP 2011 Family Medicine Summit to be held at LAX on October 15-16
- 10Oct2011Abril Arias - IMG Class of 2010 named UCSD Chief Resident
- 23Aug2011Kaplan sponsored IMG scholars
The UCLA Department of Family Medicine, UCLA International Medical Graduate Program scholors sponsored by Kaplan University:
- Victor Hugo Alvarez
- Josue Balart
- Edna Biddy
- Francy Briceno
- Fernando Diaz
- Claudia Lopez
- Mayra Mixco
- Gloria Monsalve-Shade
- Gian Louie Pinot
- 22Aug2011UCLA IMGs doing good work in Bakersfield
Kern Medical Center seeks to close Latino doctor gap
- 6July2011ERAS Update
Please read the update announcement from ERAS.
- 5July2011Luz Selene Lozano, M.D.; UCLA Family Medicine's Academic Chief Resident
Luz Selene Lozano, M.D. is serving as UCLA Family Medicine's Academic Chief Resident for the 2011/12 academic year.
- 7July2010Warning to Physicians and Program Directors: Don't Assist the Unlicensed Practice of Medicine
Please see page 5 of the July 2010 MBC Newsletter.
- 15May2010UCLA IMG Class of 2009 Graduate Nidia Payan, with UCSF-Fresno, wins CAFP's Fourth Annual Battle of the Residents
California Academy of Family Physicians hosted the fourth annual Battle of the Residents on May 15, 2010. Nidia Payan, MD (UCLA IMG Class of 2009) was on the winning team from UCSF-Fresno. Congratulations!
- 5May2010Pri-Med West
- 3May2010Alejandra Rodriguez, MD Named Chief Resident California/USC Family Medicine Residency Program
- 28Apr2010UCLA IMG Program Attends RAM LA
- 19Apr2010Program C - Clinical Sciences begins at UCLA
- 10Mar20102008 Program Graduate, Isabel Gonzalez named Riverside County Regional Medical Center, Chief Resident
- 16Sept2009Program Puts Sidelined Doctors Back in the Game
A recent article appeared in the Miller-McCune magazine on September 11, 2009 highlighting the UCLA International Medical Graduate Program and quoted recent UCLA IMG Program graduate, Dr. Nidia Payan who is now a resident at the UCSF-Fresno Family Medicine Residency Program where her continuity clinic is in Selma, California.
- 1Aug2008Society of Critical Care Medicine sponsored course to be held November 1st
Learning the fundamentals of caring for critically ill patients is an important prerequisite to internship. The Society of Critical Care Medicine offers several courses on-line. Please mark your calendars for a SCCM-sponsored course that will be held in Colton, California on 11/1 -11/2. More details to follow.
- 8July2008CSAFM Fall Conference for Medical Students
University of California, Irvine
Each Fall, the California Student Association of Family Medicine (CSAFM) and the Resident Members of the California Academy of Family Physicians (R-CAFP) plan an educational conference and residency fair for the state's medical students. This is your chance to gain practical experience, learn how to be an advocate and network with experts and fellow medical students. International Medical Graduates (IMGs) are welcomed and encouraged to attend this conference. This conference is free to those who are members of the California Student Association of Family Medicine. If you are not a member, the conference fee is $15.00 which includes the membership fee. Pre-register for the event and be entered into a drawing for Amazon.com giftcards and more (deadline September 5th).
Want more information or need help registering? Contact Dasha Sakharova at (415) 345-8667 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5June2008Vice Chancellor, Dean Levey receives award for support, commitment to Program
Vice Chancellor, Medical Sciences and Dean, David Geffen School of Medicine, Dr. Gerald Levey received an award commending him for his support and commitment to the IMG Program.
Pictured, left to right: Dr. Gerald Levey, Dr. Gilberto Cota, Dr. Blanca Campos, Dr. Michelle Bholat, Dr. Patrick Dowling.
- 3June2008Michelle Bholat: 2008 Rising Star of the Year
A Shining Star.
To her patients, a trusted friend.
To her colleagues at UCLA, a dedicated physician.
To her students, a caring mentor.
To her community, optimism for a brighter future.
Whether as a physician or as a leader in shaping new approaches to medical training to benefit the health and quality of healthcare for the underserved and uninsured, Michelle brings innovative vision, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passionate commitment to make a different.
We in the UCLA Executive MPH Program in Healthcare Management & Policy applaud our fellow alumna Michelle on being honored as Rising Star of the Year by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
She embodies what we strive for in our program: Making a difference, with vision and passion, in our organizations and in the communities we serve.
- 9Apr2008Post Graduate Training Registration Form (California Requirement)
The Medical Board of California is requiring completion and submission of the Post Graduate Training Registration Form.
Please also note that the Medical Board of California has moved. Their new address is:
Medical Board of California
2005 Evergreen Street
Sacramento, CA 95815.
- 20Mar20082008 Match Results
The UCLA IMG Program is proud to announce our 2008 Match results. The following program participants have matched into the following California Family Medicine Residency Programs:
Carlos Ayon - Stanislaus (Modesto)
University of Guadalajara Faculty of Medicine
Blanca Campos - UCLA, Santa Monica
Autonomous School of Medical Sciences of Central America (Costa Rica)
Autonomous University of Baja California
Mileidys Gomez-Gonzalez - UCLA, Mid Valley
Higher Institute of Medical Sciences of Havana
Isabel Gonzalez - UC Riverside
University of Barcelona Faculty of Medicine
Alejandra Rodriguez - USC California Hospital
University of Chile School of Medicine
We congratulate these outstanding individuals and their families!
Updated July 2015