- Evidence of enrollment in any USMLE Step 1 in-person or web-based preparatory course
- Scores on individual components of the USMLE subjects which include: anatomy, biochemistry, pathology, pharmacology, genetics, microbiology, immunology and behavioral sciences
- Evidence of enrollment in an ongoing English as a Second Language (ESL) course
- Certificate of English competency level
- Ability to type 40-50 words per minute (If invited for interview, typing skills will be assessed at that time.)
Selection Criteria - Program B and C
- Applicants with USMLE scores of 200 or above that have no more than one failed USMLE tests will be given priority status.
Priority for entry to Program B (Clinical Sciences):
- Program A applicants receiving a score of 200 or greater on the USMLE within 8 months of beginning Program A.
- Program B applicants receiving a 200 or greater on the USMLE and demonstration of English-language competency.
Priority for entry to Program C (Clinical Observership):
- Program B applicants receiving a score of 200 or greater on the USMLE Step 2 CK and a pass on the USMLE Step 2 CS within 6 months of beginning Program B.
- Program C applicants receiving a score of 200 or greater on the USMLE Step 1, USMLE Step 2 CK and a pass on USMLE Step 2 CS and demonstration of English language competency.
- In addition priority will be given to those who have obtained an ECFMG certificate and PTAL (California Letter).
Updated October 2010